Our dishwasher has been leaking a little bit from the corner for a few weeks now – it’s made a mess of the wood floor underneath, and I’m going to have to clean all that up, but it’s barely leaking now (and after tonight, will probably not be leaking any more). For $54 with shipping, I bought a new door gasket to replace the old one, which was rotting (ew!) It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get the old one out and put the new one in – along with some youtube videos. I’m not sure I have the new gasket lined up quite right – it’s longer on one end than the other, and while both are completely in the gasket slot, it’s still leaking a bit from the side that’s longer than the other, so tonight, I plan on taking it out and putting it back in – shifting it just a little bit to make it even on both sides.
I was a little miffed that the part was over $50, since the dishwasher was only about $400 to start with (and I installed it myself!). I was expecting the gasket to be a cheaper part – it’s just a strip of rubber – but I guess not.
That is quite a lot for the part, but you still avoided the costs of a repairman or a total replacement. Well done!
It’s an “official” Whirlpool part, which may have contributed to the price being so high.
Hey, still better than a new dishwasher! Well done!
I’m hoping it stays leak-free! We’ve discovered that if we don’t push in on the left side, the seal leaks a bit – not enough to cause problems though. As long as we push in on the left side (which is more or less how we close it anyway), no leaks.