As of August 2, 2012, we are $493,631.12 in debt (that includes the mortgage). Without the mortgage, we’re at $64,091.35 in debt. This includes credit cards, student loans, lines of credit and an auto loan. We currently have $833,155.37 in assets (including our house). Our retirement accounts are at $214,502.24. This doesn’t include my July paycheck deduction or match – that doesn’t get deposited until the 15th of the month.
This month Dad has three paychecks (he’s paid bi-weekly), so we’ll be paying a lot more down in Sept (we spend money the month after we’ve earned it). We also bought a new refrigerator this week (planned!), so that’ll slow down the debt servicing a little bit. More than the minimums will be paid, but not by much.
Debt (in the order we’re paying it down):
- Line of credit (8.75%): $13,736.06 (-275.27) <-I sent them an extra $600 last month, but it posted on 7/2, and was already in the number posted last month.
- Student loans (aggregated 5.52%): $14,913.68 (-131.96)
- Chase (4.99% for life): $7,055.82 (-71.37)
- Car loan (0%): $27,896.54 (-490.00)
- Mortgage (4.125%): $429,539.77 (-618.23)
Total paid off in July: $1,586.83