With 2014 here, I wanted to evaluate my goals for the upcoming year. And actually write them down this year. I’ve split my goals into three categories, and three goals in each category.
I’m overweight – borderline obese (although you wouldn’t know it by looking at me, I’m one of the people BMI just does NOT work for), and I’d like to get close to a “normal” weight, which for me is between 115 (hah!) and 154 lbs. I’ve never been 115 in my adult life, and even 150 is hard for me to maintain for longer than about a month. I also look like I’m terminally ill below about 145. 15lbs isn’t going to get me to “healthy”, but it’s a start. I’m more focused on my body fat percentage and jeans size than actual weight.
- Lose 15 lbs, with a stretch goal of 20 lbs
- Exercise at least 3 times per week for at least 20 minutes each time
- Eat at least 3 servings of fruits or vegetables per day – potato based foods do not count as a veggie
I know I mentioned wanting to pay off all non-mortgage debt this year, and we could likely do it, but with our car payment at 0%, we’re going to pay the student loans down, then increase our retirement contributions to the maximum allowed (and maybe qualify for a Roth?). It will slow down our car repayment, but since it’s not “costing” us anything, I’d rather put the money to work for us.
- Pay off all non-mortgage debt that carries interest
- Get to 650k in Net Worth, with a stretch goal of 700k
- Increase our assets to 1.2 million (conservative to account for market fluctuations)
These are random goals around the house that I want to complete this year. These are the big ones, although I have smaller ones in mind already.
- Get rid of diapers!
- Get rid of another 365 things in 365 days
- Finish the tile in our basement project